Hey Friends! Well, we are little bit behind schedule but today we are finally announcing our first DIY class- CONCRETE 101!!! As we were thinking through the subjects that we felt were worthy of a whole class and the skills that really benefit from a "hands on" learning experience, we decided that our first class should definitely be dedicated to concrete!!! :) Are you excited!?
So, we have set a date for Saturday, June 23rd. We will start at 9:00am and go until around 1. Due to the nature of concrete and all of it's capabilities, this will be an introductory class with more advanced classes to come. Here are some of the super cool concrete decor items you will be able to make after attending the class!
We highly, highly recommend attending this class if you think you would eventually like to come to advanced classes (where you will learn how to pour concrete tabletops -like this one we did for Ashley Ann- among other things).
In our Concrete 101 class you will:
- Learn about unique ways you can use concrete and the things you can make with the material.
- Learn the basics of concrete- how it works, what it's made of, how to reinforce it, ect. . .
- Learn about the different tools needed to work with concrete (good news- they're all affordable!).
- Get valuable information about where to buy your concrete and what specific mix you should look for depending on your project.
- Learn about sealers so that your concrete creations last.
And our favorite part about the class-
You will get to take a project from start to finish and take your creation home!!! You will have three different project options to choose from:
- A large concrete letter
- A concrete vase
- or A concrete lamp base
The cost of the class will be $100.
Tim and I are so excited about the opportunity to offer this class- the first of many! We will open up registration for the class on Monday (the 4th) right here on the blog. We will only accept 10 people this first time around, so make sure you sign up quickly to ensure your spot! :)
See you tomorrow!